Preparatory Support Mountain View
Palo Alto Prep School is a truly unique high school environment. We are a closely-knit community of individuals who respect and like each other. We build fun and variety into our learning experiences, and we strive to understand and appreciate our differences. No two people at Palo Alto Prep look or think exactly alike; our attitudes range from conservative to cutting edge, and our fashion sense includes both the funky and the refined. We successfully combine structure and flexibility while we maintain an unrelenting focus on academic success. Reach out to Palo Alto Prep School to apply for enrollment.
Palo Alto Prep operates on two key assumptions about teenagers and school:
- Teenagers want to feel good about themselves.
- Teenagers want to enjoy school.
Palo Alto Preparatory School has a simple, unique mission for the youth of Mountain View, CA: to provide a safe, unique, and alternative learning environment for academic and social success. Read more about our school Mission Statement.
One of our greatest strengths is the ability to help students see and experience the best in themselves. We accomplish this by developing a culture of personal accountability, including efforts by all the instructors at our preparatory school to:
- Acknowledge and reinforce small wins which serve to establish a track record of success and ultimately result in bigger wins. Whether these wins are personal, social or academic, they contribute to self esteem and confidence.
- Recognize individual learning style preferences and encourage the student to utilize these strengths. Over time, weaker learning areas can be addressed and developed.
- Create non-traditional learning and development opportunities that enable students to push their limits and learn more about their character, their preferences, their talents and their strengths.
- Establish close connections between students, faculty and parents, to work together in a team relationship.
- Encourage teachers to act as role models and mentors, students to fully express themselves and to explore their talents. Our staff likes teenagers!
- Palo Alto Prep also gives students the safe boundaries required for self management.
Read more about the specific practices that underpin our preparatory School Culture.
Certification & Accreditation
Our private high school has acquired certifications and accreditations from the State of California, as well as other authorities and institutions. We’re certified as a non-public prep school with an approved course list and an accredited diploma. Every day students graduate from Palo Alto Prep School and begin their college education. We’ll continue to update our Certifications & Accreditations as we add to the list.
If you have any questions about preparatory school or Palo Alto Prep, please give us a call. We look forward to helping your child get onto the right path.
Call: (650) 493-7071
Changing Lives, Redefining Education
“PAP has small classes, and their dedicated teachers are able to go from firming up the basics, to advanced topics. Smiles and enthusiasm permeate the school. They have a rock band, do all sorts of fun trips (ski, backpacking, rafting, abroad, etc), and recently moved into new facilities.
The staff has a patient and encouraging attitude accross the board, and the students are friendly and accepting of differences. Kids who might have floundered elsewhere, in this environment grow emotionally and academically. I am very happy with the process and the outcome!”Daniel Chapiro